Mercury Decontaminant Powder
For the reduction of toxic mercury vapor, HgX® is an inexpensive, water-soluble, nonhazardous, metallic-mercury/sulfide-converting powder with a chelating compound and dispersing agent. It reacts rapidly, forming a film over the finely divided, nearly invisible beads of mercury and reacting to produce a nonvaporizing sulfide. Further, HgX® keeps on working. Particles of HgX® left on cleaned surfaces are reactivated during subsequent cleaning. HgX® is not harmful. None of its components are classified as toxic. It leaves no odor. And no allergic reactions ever have been reported, even after continuous use under various conditions. HgX® is stable. It is supplied in polyethylene drums and can be stored safely up to one year without any loss of activity.